Wednesday, October 29

the(sis)

so i thought that i was really on top of things, until i began to take feminist theory. i think that i was stronger and more successful without it. is this what happens? when you get into this stuff? that you loose your agency and your confidence and yourself in the name for a particular kind of higher learning? i thought the point was to feel more empowered, feel more a sense of yourself, get to know yourself kinda thing. i am comfortable with myself, what i am uncomfortable with is other women telling me I shouldnt comfortable with myself be for a lot of reasons, and that i am, in fact, better off in this knowledge of reactionary anger that they give me. well i say fuck you feminist theory: you have made me a walking mind fuck and loose aspects in my life. (******space*******) so i am doing this project where i write something over and over and over (big surprise huh?) on a large scroll that probably cannot be hung up on the wall because it will be so big, and i will unveil it during a show. oh i know what it references, but for me the catharsis of the event lies not in how it is reacting to something grandeur and universal, but how it can be purged from my body by making it public and physical. and i love you.

No comments: